Horizon’s mission is to transform prisoners who transform prisons and communities.
- Honor, respect, and dignity are due to each and every human being, not because of the greatness of their achievements nor how they have behaved, but because they are home to a soul that is inherently holy.
- Do no harm.
- Do good.
- Stay in love with God.
- Trauma not transformed is trauma transferred.
- Spirituality—translating faith teachings to practical living.
- Accountability—taking responsibility for one’s own language and behavior.
- Respect—treat others as you would want them to treat you.
- Community—recognizing our interdependence and the importance of relationships.
- Change—if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
- To have participants gain a deeper understanding of their chosen faith.
- To help participants learn to live in a functioning family.
- To assist participants in contributing to the larger community.
- To empower participants to face the reality that brought them to prison.