Horizon has a well-established program in the London Correctional Institution. In 2016, our program will expand to include the Ohio Reformatory for Women in Marysville. This is our first series of classes for incarcerated women.
Horizon’s mission is to transform prisoners who transform prisons and communities.
- Honor, respect, and dignity are due to each and every human being, not because of the greatness of their achievements nor how they have behaved, but because they are home to a soul that is inherently holy.
- Do no harm.
- Do good.
- Stay in love with God.
- Trauma not transformed is trauma transferred.
- Spirituality—translating faith teachings to practical living.
- Accountability—taking responsibility for one’s own language and behavior.
- Respect—treat others as you would want them to treat you.
- Community—recognizing our interdependence and the importance of relationships.
- Change—if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
- To have participants gain a deeper understanding of their chosen faith.
- To help participants learn to live in a functioning family.
- To assist participants in contributing to the larger community.
- To empower participants to face the reality that brought them to prison.